100g/ 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
100g/ 1/2 cup light brown sugar
140g/ 3/4 cup flour
1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g/ 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
– Preheat the over to 180°C/ 350°F/ gas mark 4 and line two large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
– Cream together the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy.
– Whisk in the egg and vanilla.
– Fold in the flour and baking powder until just combined. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
– Form each cookie with a tablespoon of the dough and place well apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
– Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
– Leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.