Blueberry Kitchen has moved! Please come and visit me at my new home myblueberrykitchen.com
Hello, hope you’re all having a lovely week so far. Don’t be too shocked, but I’ve got something sort of healthy for you today. These pancakes are refined sugar free, gluten free and could easily be made dairy free too if you use non-cows milk. Nothing’s been compromised taste wise though, they still taste seriously yummy. They pancakes themselves are fluffy and a little cakey, in a good way. I also found them really filling and satisfying too – must be those healthy fats! I served my pancakes with a big dollop of greek yogurt, fresh berries and topped them with this seriously sublime tasting berry syrup .
For the pancakes –
100g/ 1 cup ground almonds
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tbsp maple syrup
75ml/ 1/4 cup milk of your choice
2 tsp coconut oil
For the syrup –
200g/ 1 generous cup raspberries and blueberries (or other berries of your choice)
2 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
1 tbsp water
Optional – berries and greek yogurt to serve
makes around 5 or 6 pancakes
To make the pancakes –
– Whisk together all the ingredients, expect the coconut oil, until smooth and creamy.
– Melt one teaspoon of the coconut oil and whisk into the pancake batter.
– Melt the other teaspoon of coconut oil in a large pan, on a medium heat. Add the pancake batter – I used two tablespoons per pancake – and cook for 5-10 minutes on each side until golden brown.
To make the syrup –
– In a heavy based saucepan cook the berries, syrup and water on a low heat until the berries turn really soft and mushy. Turn up the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the syrup reduces and thickens.
– Strain through a fine mesh sieve and serve warm or cold.