Blueberry Kitchen has moved – please come and visit me at my new home myblueberrykitchen.com
Happy Friday! Hope you’re having a great week. I’ve got another cupcake recipe for you today – sweet little vanilla cupcakes filled with raspberry jam and topped with a raspberry ripple buttercream frosting ~
For the cupcakes –
40g/ 1 1/2oz/ 1/3 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
120g/ 4 oz/ 3/4 cup sugar
120g/ 4oz/ 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
100ml/ 1/2 cup whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the frosting and filling –
4 tbsp raspberry jam
50g/ 2oz/ 1/2 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
225g/ 8oz/ 1 1/2 cups icing sugar/ powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extra
3 tbsp whole milk
makes approx 6 cupcakes
To make the cupcakes –
– – Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ gas mark 4 and line a cupcake or muffin tin with cupcake cases.
– Whisk together the butter, sugar and egg until smooth and creamy.
– Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt.
– Whisk in the milk and vanilla.
– Spoon the mixture into the cupcakes cases, filling each one about 2/3 full.
– Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden brown.
– Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the frosting and filling –
– Gently heat the raspberry jam until it softens. Leave to cool.
– Carefully cut small holes in the top of each cupcake and fill each with a teaspoon of jam.
– Whisk together the butter, vanilla, icing sugar and milk until smooth and creamy. Drizzle over the remaining raspberry jam.
– Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe onto the cupcakes.