Chocolate and Baileys Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Baileys Buttercream – Cupcake Heaven!
Blueberry Kitchen has moved! Please come and visit me at my new home myblueberrykitchen.com
For the cupcakes –
40g/ 1 1/2oz/ 3 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
135g/ 4 3/4oz/ 1 cup soft brown sugar
120g/ 4 1/4oz/ 1 cup plain flour
30g/ 1oz/ 1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
60ml/ 2fl oz/ 1/4 cup whole milk
For the icing –
50g/ 1 3/4oz/ 4tbsp unsalted butter
200g/ 7oz/ 1 1/2 cups icing/ powdered sugar
3 tbsp Baileys
makes approx 6 cupcakes
To make the cupcakes –
– Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ gas mark 4.
– Line a cupcake or muffin tin with cupcakes cases.
– Whisk together the butte, sugar and baileys until smooth and creamy.
– Whisk in the egg.
– Fold in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
– Gently whisk in the milk.
– Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases, filling each case about 3/4 full.
– Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cakes are risen and springy.
– Cool the cakes on a wire rack before icing.
To make the frosting –
– Whisk together the butter, sugar and baileys until smooth and creamy
– Spoon the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe a generous amount of frosting onto each cake.