Blueberry Kitchen has moved – please come and visit me at my new home myblueberrykitchen.com
These sweet little tarts make the perfect tea-time treat or dessert. Buttery, crumbly shortcrust pastry is filled with creamy mascarpone and topped with fresh blueberries ~
For the pastry -
220g/ 1 1/2 cups plain flour
20g/ 1 tbsp ground almonds
40g/ 2 tbsp icing/powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
140g/ 2/3 cup (1 1/4 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 egg yolk
1/2 – 1 tbsp cold water
For the filling and topping -
250g/ 9oz mascarpone cheese
100ml/ 1/2 cup double cream/ heavy cream
2 tsp lemon zest
3 tbsp sugar
200g/ 7oz/ 2 cups blueberries
makes 4 tartlets
To make the pastry -
– Lightly grease 4 tartlet tins
– Pulse together the flour, ground almonds, icing sugar and salt
– Add the butter and process together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
– Add egg yolk, vanilla and 1/2 tbsp water and pulse until the mixture comes together. (Gradually add more water if needed.)
– Turn the dough onto a work surface and knead lightly. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for one hour.
– Roll out the dough and a line the tarts tins with it.
– Chill for another 1/2 hour.
– Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ gas mark 4
– Line the pastry with greaseproof paper and baking beans. Bake for 10 minutes.
– Remove the paper and beans and cook for another 10-15 minutes until pastry is golden.
– Leave to cool.
To make the filling -
– Beat together the mascarpone, cream, lemon zest and sugar until smooth and creamy.
– Spoon a generous amount into each tart.
– Add the blueberries and enjoy!